Skip to main content

Support

Last post 09:59 am July 29, 2024 by Balaji Dhamodaran
4 replies
12:28 am July 27, 2024

Hi

I needed some advise, i have a team of 7 case handlers working in investment banking complaints. The problem the team is struggling to reach a target of 40 cases a week.  

I have implemented change such as support network inter call meetings, surgery time and 1 to 1 coaching. but the output is not there for them to reach the number required.

I am confident the team is highly skilled and is fully able any suggestions what else i can try? 

Thank You

Mo

04:45 am July 27, 2024

The Scrum Guide says that in Sprint Planning "The whole Scrum Team then collaborates to define a Sprint Goal".

Is that happening here? Did the the whole team decide, in Sprint Planning, that 40 cases a week is achievable?

04:37 pm July 27, 2024

Well on the weekly burn down plan, we make a plan but it never goes to that plan as there is no set time for a case to be resolved. Some cases do take longer than other. so its impossible to put a SLA on the resolution rate per case.

05:45 pm July 27, 2024

If you can't establish a Service Level Agreement then don't. There's no point in setting yourselves up to fail. Don't agree a goal commitment just on a wing and a prayer. 

My advice is to determine a Service Level Expectation based on evidence. The evidence you have seems to indicate that the present goal is not achievable. Encourage the team to find out what is achievable, for a given probability and range, in time-boxes of up to a month.

09:59 am July 29, 2024

How did you and the team arrived at the throughput of 40 cases per week on average? Was there any history of team achieving that goal ? or if it is a new goal, what is the timeline ? I believe the team didn't decide to achieve it immediately. Are you seeing gradual improvement in the cases addressed every week. Does the team think with the current phase of improvement they can achieve the target in estimated timeline ? What was the outcome of your 1-1 coaching ?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.