Skip to main content

CSM Exam

Last post 03:10 pm February 22, 2018 by René Gysenbergs
1 reply
12:30 am February 17, 2018

Hey everyone,

I’m feeling pretty crummy, so I figured I would post here. I attended the 2-day Scrum Master course and just took my exam today. I got 64/80 (80%) which is not passing. This really stinks because I felt confident during the test and I am already the Scrum Master for my team. I know this is dramatic, but I feel like a huge loser. I understand this stuff, so not doing well really bums me out and concerns me. A lot of the questions are worded in ways that are intentially tricky, which isn’t the funnest thing, but I knew that going in to it. 

Anyone have any words of wisdom? 

03:10 pm February 22, 2018

Hello Holly,

This can happen. Hey I failed the PSD 1 on 1 question, so I had 82.5% instead of the required 85%.

The "funny" part was that I failed on a testing question and I'm an Agile Test Analyst/Coordinator/Manager for 12 years.

I've suggested in another thread to go for the course material of Management Plaza:

"I bought from MPlaza for 

The Scrum Awareness (email course) (every day a small  email with an Scrum concept over a period of several weeks) for free

EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation:

- The EXIN Agile Scrum™ Foundation Workbook – EXIN-Agile-Scrum-Training-Manual-01.11.pdf for €8

PSM I:

- The PSM I Preparation Practice Exams – 3 complete exams (250 questions) for €37

- The Scrum Master Training Manual (ebook) for free

PSPO I:

- The PSM I Preparation Practice Exams – 3 complete exams (250 questions) for €37

Used all the above material in combination with the Scrum Guide, the EXIN Mock exam, the PSM open assessments and the PSPO open assessments.

The Result:

I passed EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation, PSM I, PSPO I and even SPS easy.

So I'm very, very, veeeeery positive about the MPlaza material

P.S.: I wished they also had 3 complete practice exams for PSD I, because I failed that exam with 82,5%  :-("

The three exams are NOT dumps, so you will not see the same questions on the PSM 1 exam. They are exams created in the same style and the same difficulty as the PSM 1 exam. Also they explain the answer of each question in detail.

The above in combination with the Scrum Guide and doing the PSM Assessment until you can do it 3 to 4 times at 100% should prepare you for the PSM 1.

Hope that this helps

René

PS: At Scrum.org the exam is called PSM (Professional Scrum Master) and not CSM (Certified Scrum Master, that one is from the Scrum Alliance)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.